Tuesday, January 14, 2014

 Yesterday was my first day doing the intermittent fasting and it wasn't hard at all. I quit eating at 8:00 PM the night before, skipped breakfast and then had lunch at 12:00. I did get up and have 2 cups of coffee (with coconut oil)

I've never really been a morning eater, but had bought into the whole  "6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going" thing. I have to tell you, there is something very freeing not to have to think about food all day! Before I was always trying to think of decent mini meals that consisted of 200-250 calories and that were healthy...now I just have to plan 2 and maybe a snack.

 If you read the article I posted yesterday, you saw that fasting for 16 hours Greatly increases you Human Growth Hormone.

"Growth Hormone  promotes cell regeneration in the bones, vital organs and muscles, and repairing damaged tissue. It is responsible for enhancing muscle growth, burning fat, and maintaining the immune system, and even helps support healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and reduces C-reactive protein." Smart Publications
Who doesn't want more of that? lol

 I think I ate about 1200 calories...I'm logging my food with Spark People. It's a free website with a large database of food. I've found it to be pretty accurate and a great way to track your calories, fat and carbs. You'll have to figure your own net carbs.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

 If you don't know how to figure net carbs, it's very simple: You take the listed carbs minus any fiber and sugar alcohols. That's it. I'm keeping mine under 20 and they come from vegetables.

 If you've never been a fan of vegetable, give it a few weeks. when you take sugar out of your diet, you become very sensitive to natural sugars in your food. Roasting the veggies really brings that out.

 To roast your asparagus, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and broccoli:

~ cut up your fresh veggies
~ make sure they are DRY (wash them earlier in the day or REALLY blot with paper towels)
~ Throw them on a cookie sheet covered with foil
~ Add minced garlic (I use the jar kind)
~ Drizzle with a generous amount of Olive Oil
~ Get in there with you hands and makes sure your veggies are coated
~ Salt
~Bake at 400 for 20 or 30 minutes

 I'll take a picture next time, but they will brown up a little...Soooo yummy

  Basically, I'm feeling great, not feeling deprived and am losing weight!

I'd love to hear how you all are doing in the comments section :)

              Have a wonderful day! Misty

2 comments:

  1. I usually eat scrambled eggs for breakfast and a good meat protein and whatever veggie we had for dinner. (dinner leftovers) I love roasting my veggies too. Sometimes I steam them just until tender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum sounds good! We had roasted asparagus last night and my teenage boys snarfed it up...I only got for stalks lol. We'll definately have to double what we made.

    ReplyDelete