Monday, January 20, 2014

Down 2.5 lbs this week

 So, I think I'm finally through my plateau! I've lost about 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks and feel like I may be finally "seeing" it. I feel good, and am really not having cravings. that being said, I made "chocolate cake" today! I think it's good...but if you're expecting it to taste like real chocolate cake, you may need to lower your expectations lol
I slightly altered the 3 minute chocolate cake recipe from genaw.com 
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/3_minute_chocolate_cake.html

In a small glass bowl or measuring cup mix with a fork 
2 TBLS of melted butter
1 TBLS of cream (the other recipe called for water), add
1 egg
3 TBLS Log Cabin sugar free pancake syrup (original recipe called for Splenda)
To that add
1/4 cup of Almond flour/meal
1 TBLS cocoa powder
1/4 TSP baking Powder
Mix together well, cover with plastic wrap (cut a slit in top to vent)
cook in microwave 2-2.5 min. This may vary

Each cake is 2 servings. I refrigerate it and I think it tastes better warmed the next day :)


Honestly, I know it doesn't look that great lol....but I think it's good. It's dense and filling and very moist.


SO, my goal for this week is to drink more water. Between the cold and holding on to less water, my skin is looking dry...not a good look. Darn our dry electric heat!



No comments:

Post a Comment